WHA Hemaraj Industrial Zone - Nghe An Celebrates Groundbreaking Ceremony for State of the Art Industrial Zone
With an initial investment of USD 100 million, the construction and development of “WHA Hemaraj Industrial Zone – Nghe An” Phase 1, representing 498 hectares out of a potential total of 3,200 hectares, now ready to begin
Shown in photo: (left picture from left to right)
- Mr. Vivat Jiratikarnsakul, Chief Operating Officer Industrial and International , Hemaraj Land and Development Plc
- Mr. Ho Xuan Hung, Former Minister of Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development
- Mr. Le Doan Hop, Former Minister of Ministry of Information and Communication
- Mr. Nguyen Xuan Duong, Deputy Provincial Party Secretary of Nghe An, Chairman of Nghe An People Council
- Mr. Nguyen Xuan Son, Permanent Deputy Provincial Party Secretary of Nghe An, Chairman of Nghe An People Council
- Mr. Vuong Dinh Hue, Member of Politburo, Deputy Prime Minster of Vietnam
- Mr. David Nardone, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, of WHA Corporation PCL and Group Executive Industrial and International, Hemaraj Land and Development PLC
- Mr. Manopchai Vongphakdi, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand to Vietnam
- Ms. Anchalee Chavanich, Director, Hemaraj Land and Development PLC
- Mr. Nguyen Huu Duc, General Director of WHA Hemaraj Nghe An JSC
- Mr. Somphong Wanapha, Independent Director, Hemaraj Land and Development PLC
Nghe An, March 10, 2018 – WHA Hemaraj Nghe An Joint Stock Company, a subsidiary of WHA Corporation PCL, today held a groundbreaking ceremony in Nghi Thuan Commune, Nghe An Province, Vietnam. This auspicious event was held in the presence of honorable guests led by H.E. Deputy Prime Minister of Vietnam Mr. Vuong Dinh Hue and Mr. Nguyen Xuan Duong, Chairman of Nghe An Provincial People Committee.
Mr David Nardone, WHA Corporation PCL Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, came to Nghe An Province along with company board members and executives for the ceremony which was attended by 200 guests. The event coincided with the “2018 Investors Conference” organized by the Nghe An Provincial People Committee.
In 2017, WHA Hemaraj Nghe An Joint Stock Company was established to develop “WHA Hemaraj Industrial Zone – Nghe An” that will cover 3,200 hectares upon completion. WHA Hemaraj Industrial Zone – Nghe An has been granted an Investment Registration Certificate (IRC) to develop its first Phase (498 hectares), with construction starting this April 2018. This site will be available to early customers by the fourth quarter of 2018, providing full access to electricity, modern telecommunications and utilities. High quality and well-designed Ready Built Factories, ranging from 500 to 10,000 square meters, will also be offered to investors.
Mr. David Nardone, on behalf of WHA Group, thanked Prime Minister of Vietnam Mr. Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Vietnamese authorities, including Vietnam’s Government, Nghe An Provincial People Committee, the Dong Nam Economic Zone and Vietnam Electricity (EVN) for their collaboration and continuous support. He also expressed his confidence in this first phase’s development. “It is clearly a milestone moment for WHA Group to see our first industrial zone investment in Vietnam forge ahead, and we are looking forward to welcoming our initial customers by the end of this year,” he declared.
“Vietnam has been attracting foreign investors as it is now an important industrial and manufacturing base in Asia,” said Mr. David Nardone. “We look forward to opening our doors to companies from different sectors including automotive, textile, electronics, consumer, logistics and many others. We will continue to pioneer more solutions to accompany them as they reach their full potential and achieve their goals” he added.
While providing world-class facilities and services to local and international customers, WHA Hemaraj Nghe An JSC will hone the same highest standards and practices as in WHA-Hemaraj’s 9+ industrial estates in operation in Thailand, whether in terms of caring for local communities or paying great attention to environmental protection and social development. In cooperation with authorities, customers and other stakeholders, the company will ensure that its industrial zone co-exists with its environment in a harmonious and sustainable manner. From the earliest stages of construction and development, measures will be taken to optimize energy and water system’s efficiency, and reduce waste and carbon footprint. WHA Hemaraj will implement environment-friendly initiatives such as constructed wetlands to treat wastewater biologically. Creating qualified new jobs for the local communities, enhancing education and training of the workforce while improving the standards of living of the population in the vicinity will also be part of the company’s commitment to develop Nghe An province and create more prosperity.
Following this 498-hectare Phase 1, another six development phases are planned until 2028, covering a total area of 3,200 hectares.